A number of independent, award-winning investigators have compiled overwhelming evidence to support the claim that that American elections are regularly derailed, and on occasion outright stolen, with the help of computerized voting machines.
Privately owned and secretly programmed, electronic voting systems have infiltrated American elections for decades. Today they count over 98% of our ballots.
Voting machine manufacturers have been exposed as a incestuous cartel of shady corporations who far too often change their company names to disassociate from criminal charges and convictions.
Below is a starting point for journalists and civic organizations interested in reform efforts and potential litigation.
ELECTION INTEGRITY INVESTIGATORS AND ACTIVISTS
Home of the original groundbreaking 25 year Votescam investigation into computerized election fraud begun by James and Kenneth Collier in Dade County, Florida, 1970. The book implicates major players in the Justice Department and corporate media with aiding and abetting centralized election rigging.
- Read the first 6 chapters of the book.
- Order Votescam
- Central Database of Online Election Theft Evidence
- Join the movement for Hand Counted Paper Ballots, full election transparency and integrity
BLACK BOX VOTING
Website of Bev Harris, by far the top election investigator and computer forensics specialist to emerge since the 2000 election debacle. Black Box Voting is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan elections watchdog group.
- Access an enormous database of information on how computers can be used to rig elections
- Read the book: Black Box Voting: Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century
- See the infamous Diebold Chimpanzee hack
- Sign up for action alerts and join the Black Box forum
- Get their Citizen's Toolkit
See the section Top 10 Things Citizens Can Do To Oversee Elections (posted on this website)
BLACK BOX VOTING IS A MUST READ BOOK -- Here is it, free, online.
Chapter 01 I Will Vote
Chapter 02 Can we trust these machines?
Chapter 03 Why we need disclosure of owners
Chapter 04 A brief history of vote-rigging
Chapter 05 Cyber-Boss Tweed
Chapter 06 Who’s beholden to whom
Chapter 07 Why vote?
Chapter 08 Company information --
What you won’t find on company Web sites — Business Records Corp. • ElectionSystems & Software • Sequoia Voting Systems • Votehere • election.com • HartIntercivic • Wyle Labs • Diebold Election System
Chapter 09 First public look ever into a secret voting system
Chapter 10 Who’s minding the store?
Chapter 11 “rob-georgia.zip” – noun or verb
Chapter 12 Open source exam
Chapter 13 Security Breaches
Chapter 14 A modest proposal (solutions)
Chapter 15 Practical activism
Chapter 16 The men behind the curtain
d - Appendix More problems (continued from Chapter 2
THE BRAD BLOG
Brad Friedman is an L.A.-based investigative journalist/blogger, political commentator, broadcaster, author, Commonweal Institute Fellow and the Publisher and Executive Editor of The BRAD BLOG. He has filed, literally, thousands of stories on issues of Election Integrity and Electile Dysfunction since at least November 3rd, 2004. His expertise in such matters has earned him invitations to address the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC) in D.C., the Texas State Legislature and many other governmental and non-governmental organizations. Read his full bio.
- View the MUST SEE original award-winning film: Murder, Spies & Voting Lies tells the story of Clint Curtis, Republican vote-rigging whistleblower who testified before Congress in 2006
The BRAD BLOG : QUICK SUMMARY: The Clint Curtis / Tom Feeney / Yang Enterprises, Inc. Vote-Rigging.
VIEW THE FILM: MURDER, SPIES & VOTING LIES
- Sample of Brad Blog's original investigative reporting on breaking election integrity and democracy news:
- THE BRAD BLOG: Sarasota, FL "Slammed" by Viral Worm Attack on First Day of Early Voting
- The BRAD BLOG : More Trouble for Diebold, This Time in Georgia...
- The BRAD BLOG : Ohio Election Workers Sentenced to 18 Months for Rigging 2004 Presidential Recount
- The BRAD BLOG : Diebold's Optical-Scan System FAILS in Sarasota, FL
- The BRAD BLOG : Audit Finds Dems Would Have Won if all Votes Had Been Recorded in Sarasota's FL-13.
- The BRAD BLOG : Sarasota Florida's Election Director, Kathy Dent, is a Liar
- The BRAD BLOG : NY-23 E-Vote Failures Merit Full Hand Count in Response
- The BRAD BLOG : Huge New Diebold Disparities Found in Manchester, Ward 5 During NH Hand Counts
- The BRAD BLOG : (Butch & Hoppy) + Post-It Notes = NH's Chain of Custody
- The BRAD BLOG : FL-13: GAO Finds Prior Tests Do NOT Offer 'Reasonable Assurance' That Touch-Screen Machines Were Not at Fault in Sarasota's November 2006 Election
- The BRAD BLOG : BREAKING: MIKE CONNELL, GOP 'IT GURU', KILLED IN SOLO PLANE CRASH
- The BRAD BLOG : Exclusive: Impossible Election Results in Monroe County, Arkansas, Puzzle State, Lo
- The BRAD BLOG : EXCLUSIVE: CITY OF BROOKFIELD BALLOT BAGS FOUND 'WIDE OPEN' IN WAUKESHA COUNTY, WI
- Archive of important docs on Brad Blog, including:
- Preserving Democracy: What Went Wrong in Ohio 2004
- GAO Report on Electronic Voting Machines
- Al Gore Received More FL Votes in 2000
- RFK Jr. on Election 2004
- "Keeping Electronic Voting Honest", Prof. Doug Jones
- "The Politics of Voter Fraud", Lorraine Minnite
- Original, Unaltered EAC "Voter Fraud" Report
- NYTIMES: "In 5-Year DOJ Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud"
- Voter ID Laws by State
- SoS Debra Bowen/UC's "Top-to-Bottom Review" of E-Voting Systems
- CSU's 2-Page Summary of Bowen's "Top-to-Bottom Review"
- "The Creekside Declaration"
- County-by-County Voting System Database
- Why 'Vote-by-Mail' is terrible for democracy
ELECTION DEFENSE ALLIANCE
Election Defense Alliance (EDA) is a participatory organization of citizens collaborating at the local, state, and national levels to defend against electoral theft, establish transparent vote counting, and ensure that governments accountable to the people are legitimately elected. EDA helps to train and carry out citizen exit polls.
Jonathan Simon, 617.538.6012 Jonathan[at]ElectionDefenseAlliance[dot]org
Sally Castleman, 781.454.8700 SallyC[at]ElectionDefenseAlliance[dot]org
**** See also this great interview of Jonathan Simon with Joan Brunwasser -- must read! ****
EDA Election Forensics Research and Positon Papers
THE LANDES REPORT
Lynn Landes is a Philadelphia-based writer, researcher, and activist in the fields of politics, health, and the environment. Her articles and opinions have been published in several books, films, and online publications. On the environment, she has been a commentator for BBC radio, a radio talk show host, and a television news reporter, and written numerous articles. Since 2002, Lynn has been one of the nation's leading researchers and analysts on voting security issues. Her work has been featured in the books, Hacked and BlackBoxVoting. Lynn also appears in several documentaries including: Got Democracy, The Right To Count, Stealing America, and her own, Voting 101 and The Fix Is In.
Contact information: 215-629-3553
- The 2007 Landes Report to Congress: America's Unverifiable Election Results - The Case for a Return to Open Voting
- The 2005 article, Plan B: Organize Parallel Elections & Signed Ballots, Lynn called on citizens to organize parallel elections in response to the total lack of transparency in U.S. elections.
- From July 2, 2004 to April 4, 2006, Lynn Landes challenged the use of voting machines and absentee ballots, citing the lack of public participation and oversight. See her documents on Constitutional Issues, Federal & Case Law
- Lynn's numerous articles on the right to vote, including:
RICHARD CHARNIN / TRUE VOTE
- Links to the True Vote Models
2008 Unadjusted Exit Polls Confirm the True Vote Model
- The national state exit poll aggregate exactly matched Obama’s 58.0% TVM share.
- Footprints of Election Fraud: 1988-2008 State Exit Poll Discrepancies
Closing the book on the "Swing vs Redshift" Argument
The exit poll naysayers claimed that the near zero correlation between swing (change in Bush vote share from 2000 to 2004) and red-shift (exit poll discrepancies) “killed the fraud argument”. But it was based on a false premise.
Closing the book on the "False Recall" Argument
It was the naysayer final “Hail Mary” attempt to explain the impossible 43/37 returning Bush/Gore voter split in the Final 2004 National Exit Poll. But it was based on the same false premise.
To Believe Bush Won in 2004...
You must believe these 36 myths and ignore the facts
Confirmation of a Kerry Landslide
A detailed analysis of the statistical evidence in book form
- Response to the TruthIsAll FAQ
- Debunking the Mystery Pollster on RFK's Rolling Stone Article
- Debunking Nate Silver's Pollster Rankings
- Debunking Nate Silver on Exit Polls
- A Rebuttal of the "Voter Fraud" Myth
- A Graphical Exposure of Election Myths
- 2006 Midterms Landslide Denied
Obama Won by at least Twice the Recorded Margin
Proof that Obama Won by Much More than 9.5 Million Recorded Votes
2010 Senate Post Election Analysis
This analysis utilizes final likely (LV) and registered (RV) state and national pre-election polls along with preliminary and final exit polls. Likely voter (LV) polls are a sub-sample of registered voter (RV) polls. Since 2000, LV polls have closely matched the recorded vote while RV polls closely matched the unadjusted and preliminary exit polls. The typical reaction of the pundits is to promote the conventional wisdom that it was a GOP blowout of epic proportions - even bigger than 1994. The unconventional wisdom is that the Democrats do significantly better than the recorded vote indicates in every election. There is no reason to suspect that 2010 was any different.
2010 Governor True Vote Analysis
In the 2010 midterms, the GOP won the race for Governor in FL, OH, PA, WI and NJ (2009). They won the official recorded vote. But did they win the True Vote?
Did the GOP Steal the 2010 Senate Elections?
The GOP won the WI, IL and PA senate elections. They won the recorded vote. But did they win the True Vote?
- Wisconsin Recalls: A True Vote Analysis
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Recount: A Statistical Analysis
WHERE'S THE PAPER?
This incredible website by Theresa Hommel has not been updated in a few years. I haven't found a similar resource like this, so I'm going to migrate a lot of her stuff to this website, because she says the site might only stay up a few more years. It's a wealth of resources and archived articles, you just have to scroll through it.
About Ms. Hommel
A corporate trainer in computer technology and a consultant for more than 20 years, Teresa Hommel has been speaking to groups in New York and other states, alerting them to the problems with electronic voting machines and the potential threat they pose to the integrity of our elections. Her voting machine simulation, a demonstration called the "Fraudulent Voting Machine" has been used internationally to help people understand the special security problems with computers used in voting. It was exhibited at the National Institute of Standards and Technology Symposium "Building Trust and Confidence in Voting Systems" Dec. 10-11, 2003, www.vote.nist.gov/
Teresa testified before the NY State Task Force on HAVA Implementation in July, 2003, in New York City; her testimony in the official transcript begins on page 138. She also testified before the Government Administration and Elections Committee of the Connecticut General Assembly in February, 2004. She has addressed the 2004 Communications Workers of America National Legislative/Political Conference in Washington DC. on March 28, 2004; the USACM-Sponsored Workshop on Voter Verified Election Systems in Denver in July, 2003; and the Urban Ministries Conference of the Unitarian Universalist Association in Boston, March 20, 2004. She has written articles on this issue for the September, 2003, newsletters of the NY Women's Bar Association and the Sierra Club New York City Group.
Teresa's work was featured in the Spring, 2004, issue of The Key Reporter. The Fraudulent Voting Machine was mentioned in the Rocky Mountain News, May 30, 2004, and the Village Voice, July 21-27, 2004. Here is Teresa's July 13, 2004, statement at the Rally for Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trails in Albany, New York. Here is her statement before the Governmental Operations Committee of the New York City Council, October 18, 2004. Teresa wrote an article called Don't Hand Democracy Over to Computers for the November/December 2004 issue of UU World. Here is her statement before the Election Law Committee of the New York State Assembly, Dec. 20, 2004.
In 2005, Teresa addressed New Standards for Elections: A forum on technical and nontechnical requirements for voting systems , at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University, Feb. 12. Her remarks are available here and at the forum web site. On May 4, she addressed the New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Mayor's Election Modernization Task Force.
She spoke in Pennsylvania on Monday, June 27, 2005.
On June 30, 2005, she testified before the EAC. On September 23, 2005, she testified before the Government Operations Committee of the NY City Council on VotersUnite.org's analysis of New Mexico data from November, 2004, which suggests that two pushbutton DRE voting systems disenfranchised Hispanic and Native American voters. On November 21, 2005, she testified before the Government Operations Committee of the NY City Council on two subjects, calculation of acquisition costs of PBOS versus DREs, and criticism of the State Board's new Draft Regulations on Voting Systems Standards. On December 13, 2005, she testified before the Assembly Elections Committee on four subjects.
On December 20, 2005, Teresa Hommel submitted a comment to the New York State Board of Elections on the draft Voting System Standards. On January 22, 2006, she submitted a second comment including proposed language for escrow provisions and the conduct of a large public test of systems prior to certification.
On February 27, 2006 Teresa spoke before the Governmental Operations Committee of the New York City Council on Oversight of the Process of Selecting New Voting Machines. On March 7, 2006 Teresa spoke before the same committee on The Cost of New Voting Machines.
On March 9, 2006 Teresa spoke before the Ways and Means Committe of the Suffolk County Legislature.
On April 24, Teresa testified before the Governmental Operations Committee of the New York City Council in favor of resolutions urging adoption of paper ballots and optical scanners, and urging public testing prior to selection.
On June 10, 2006, Teresa addressed a Caucus at the League of Women Voters national convention. On June 12, the delegates approved a strong resolution requiring voting systems to have a voter-verifiable paper ballot/record.
Teresa addresssed the City Council Governmental Operations Committee on June 26, 2006 and Oct. 4, 2006 to urge continuous, detailed oversight of the NYC Board of Elections, and to urge that simplicity, understandability, manageability, and observability be added to the Board of Elections' criteria for selection of equipment for 2007.
Teresa addresssed a Press Conference in Brooklyn sponsored by State Senator Velmanette Montgomery on November 13, 2006 and the Board of Elections in the City of New York on November 21, 2006. She addresssed the Board of Elections in the City of New York AGAIN on January 23, 2007, the joint hearing of the Governmental Operations Committee and the Technology in Government Committee of the New York City Council on January 29, 2007, and law students at Cardozo School of Law on January 31, 2007.
Teresa addresssed the Press Conference on the steps of City Hall on March 14, 2007 to celebrate passage of Resolution 131 which urges adoption of paper ballots and optical scanners.
Teresa submitted a statement entitled "Limitations of Certification Testing, "Transparency," and Current Standards and What Congress Can Do" to the United States House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census, and National Archives, on the occasion of their Field Hearing in New York City, May 7, 2007.
Here is Teresa's paper Election Fraud in America: Don't worry about Paper Ballots--The Problem is Secret Procedures and Lack of Observers! dated Nov. 16, 2007.
Teresa submitted a statement for the official record of the July 25, 2007, hearing on S1487 by the U.S. Senate Rules and Administration Committee.
Teresa testified before the New York City Council Governmental Operations Committee on Nov. 13, 2007 and explained why "one of the greatest voter deceptions in our nation today is the use of computers to record, cast, store, handle, and count votes."
Teresa testified before the New York City Council Governmental Operations Committee on Feb. 14, 2008 on "Improving Democracy and the Ability of Citizens to Participate in the Electoral Process." She testified again on September 26, 2008 and on November 25, 2008.
Teresa testified before the New York State Senate Elections Committee on April 24, 2009 on election day voter registration and enabling voter registration forms to be submitted to a Board of Elections as late as 10 days before an election.
Teresa spoke at a workshop at the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations 48th Annual General Assembly in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Saturday, June 27, 2009, on "Does Touchscreen Voting Violate the 5th Principle?". She also spoke at the forum with Secretary of State Ritchie of Minnesota and Secretary of State Bowen of California.
ADDITIONAL TOP ARTICLES & RESEARCH
To view the dust jacket, click here: Full Dust Jacket for "Witness to a Crime"
Richard Hayes Phillips has been the leading investigator of the fraudulent 2004 presidential election in Ohio. His work was relied upon by John Conyers in challenging the Ohio electors in Congress, by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. in his article for Rolling Stone magazine, and by Algenon L. Marbley in issuing his federal court order protecting the ballots from destruction. Assisted by teams of volunteers equipped with digital cameras, Phillips amassed some 30,000 images of forensic evidence. Then he analyzed it all himself, examining 126,000 ballots, 127 poll books, and 141 voter signature books from 18 counties in Ohio.
Phillips' long-awaited book, "Witness to a Crime: A Citizens' Audit of an American Election," was published by Canterbury Press on April 12. The book is 448 pages, with a hard cover and a dust jacket. The book includes eight color plates, and a CD with 1200 digital images of actual ballots, poll books, voter signature books, ballot accounting charts, and other forensic evidence from the 2004 presidential election in Ohio.
Why Can't the Left Face the Stolen Elections of 2004 & 2008? by Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman
Yale Study: What if one vote per computer is switched?
Small Vote Manipulations Can Swing Elections, considering the effects and implications of changing only a single vote per machine.
E-Voting Failures in the 2006 Mid-Term Elections,
January, 2007, by VotersUnite, VoterAction, VoteTrustUSA, and Pollworkers for Democracy.
Testing Election Software Effectively
By John Washburn, VoteTrustUSA Voting Technology Task Force, Feb. 2, 2006.
Report from United States Government Accountability Office, September 2005, confirms security and usage problems with electronic voting systems.
Press Release from Davis, Waxman, Sensenbrenner, Conyers, Boehlert, and Gordon.
Press Release, pdf
Myth Breakers: Facts About Electronic Elections
70-page document, should be delivered to every elected and appointed official.
American Coup: Mid-Term Election Polls vs Actuals
by Alastair Thompson, November 12, 2002.
Was the vote in some races in the U.S. midterm elections fixed by electronic voting machines supplied by republican affiliated companies? Scoop's analysis shows that - according to the polls - the Republican Party experienced a pronounced last minute swing in its favour of between 4 and 16 points. Remarkably this last minute swing appears to have been concentrated in its effects in critical Senate races (Georgia and Minnesota) where the Republican Party secured its complete control of Congress.
- What’s Wrong With Voting by Mail or Absentee Ballot
- The Death of the Polling Place
- Absentee Ballot Fraud Hits Texas, Grannyfarming a longterm problem
- Milwaukee Police Find Numerous Cases of Absentee Vote Fraud
- Vladimir Putin Prefers Voting By Mail
- Don’t Forget to Sign Your Ballot
- Absentee voting on the rise, who’s pushing this agenda?
- Vote-By Mail disenfranchises 1/3rd of Kitsap County Primary Voters
- New Jersey Voters Vote Again?
- MIT Study says “Abolish on-demand absentee voting”
- Vote-By Mail and Electronic Poll Books
- More Vote By Mail Problems in California
- Oklahoma State Auditor and wife charged with Mail Fraud
- California’s televised primary debates miss many voters
- California Primary Slowed By Vote-By Mail, Absentee Ballot Count
- Another Case of Vote-By Mail Fraud
- Democrats say,”An easier way to vote fraudulently is by mail”
- How VBM is Screwing Up California’s Primary
- Postmasters Lobby for Vote-By Mail
- Absentee Ballot Fraud Alleged in Putin’s Election
- Just where or where has my mail ballot gone?
- Colorado Voter Group Opposes Vote-By Mail Switch
- 4204 Passing, King County Gets the Blame
- Absentees and Optical Scans, a Combination that Doesn’t Work
- Day 6 of vote counting in King County
- Poll Votes much faster to count then Absentee Ballots
- Did you already vote by mail? Well it’s too late to change your mind now…
- More Absentee Ballot Fraud
- Expanding and Improving Opportunities to Commit Vote By Mail Fraud
- Vote by Mail Fraud, You Don’t Say
- Absentee Ballot Problems in Akron, Ohio
- More research shows vote by mail systems do NOT increase turnout
- King County Executive, Ron Sims, Contracts to Buy Ballot Tracking Vaporware
- Hanky Panky In Union Vote-By Mail Scheme
- The Election is in the Mail… Day 14
- Some Democrats Reject Forced Vote-By Mail
- Vote by mail increases turnout?
- My mail from June 13, 2006
- Vote Buying (You don’t say)
- Voter turnout – higher or lower or the same?
- VBM turns out about 1/3rd of Washington Voter’s
- King County Adds 27,114 Votes in 3rd Day of Counting
- 4th Day of Vote Counting brought to you by Vote-by Mail
- 1 Week Later… Votes still coming in to King County Elections
- 798 More Ballots Arrive One Week After the Election…
- US Postal Service Unions Pushing Vote-By Mail
- King County wraps up seventh day of vote counting
- Diebold Dazzles (King County) Democrats
- Colorado Editorial: Ripe for Fraud
- Montana’s Secret Ballot Increasingly Endangered Species
- Postmaster General Adresses National Association of Secretaries of State
- Let’s all vote by mail, just like…Texas
- Hand Counted Paper Ballots for 2008?
- Barack Obama Targets Vote Banking through Vote By Mail in California
- Pierce County Sacrifices Polling Places for Forced Vote By Mail Absentee Voting
- Granny Farming of Absentee Ballots in NJ
- More on Kentucky Absentee Ballot Fraud
- Take the Last Train to Clarksville, and Don’t forget to Vote
- More Absentee Votes Might Not Count Due to County Errors
- King County’s Wreckless Plan to Switch To Vote-By Mail
- Harvard’s Ben Adida on Vote By Mail and the Secret Ballot
- Saving Money At The Price Of Democracy
- Vote-By Mail Lobbyist Targets Colorado
- King County, WA, 13 Days of Vote Counting, Seattle Special Election, 2007
- Why Mail Ballots Are a Bad Idea
- New Report on Vote By Mail, VBM Does Not Really Increase Turnout
- George Galloway Blasts UK’s Postal Voting System
- Oregon and Other States Mail Service Outsourced?
- Vote Buying, Bath County, KY
- New Group to Push VBM Nationally
- Taiwanese Mull Absentee Voting, and China’s Potential Influence On Voters
- The “Myth” of Vote Fraud
- The Death of the Polling Place, Island County, WA
- “Granny Farming” Allegations in Michigan, Virginia, and California moves towards VBM
- Vote By Mail a Growing National Attack on Democracy
- More Postal Vote Fraud in the UK
- Vote Buying in Kentucky
- When a Secret Ballot Isn’t Really A Secret Ballot
- Prosecuting Honest Voters Does Not Restore My Confidence In Forced Mail Voting
- Vote By Mail, Not Cheaper, No Suprise
- Absentee Ballot Fraud Allegations and other News, 1/24/2007
- California Declares Mail Ballot Only Precincts
- NJ Absentee Ballot Stuffing
- Oregon We Have a Problem
- The Ongoing Drama of Absentee Voting Problems
- Mayor Uses Absentee Ballots to Rig Election, Dateline Nov. 30th, 2006
- One Month After the Election… Votes Still Being Counted
- Vote By Mail-A Great Example of Voting Badly
- More Electoral Fraud By Mail – Dec. 12, 2006
More to come . . .